15 Apr 2012

BLOG: LOOPER TRAILER



One of my most favourite artists (in the most general sense) around, Mr Joseph Gordon-Levitt, stars along side Bruce Willis in a new movie "Looper". In cinemas later this year, a busy one at that for JGL what with "The Dark Knight Rises" of course, which for sure will heap more attraction than this action thriller. But, written and directed by Rian Johnson, "Looper" has a pretty mean plot itself. Set in 2074 when time travel has been invented, criminal organisations use the technology to send their victims back 30 years to Joe, the Looper, for assassination. Which is great until he gets sent his future self to kill, in order to 'close the loop'. That's just genius, right?! I'm not quite sure how much movie activity can happen once the realisation is made, but I'm excited to find out.

It's another very different role to add to Joseph Gordon-Levitt's already diverse list of characters, which I don't think is commended enough. He also looks almost unrecognisable in this upcoming picture, morphed into a young Bruce Willis. I suppose there was never a case for considering a transformation the other way around. He says he had three hours of make up every morning to change specific facial features, and I'm pretty impressed with its result! Arriving to the UK in September, it's one I am definitely looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment