18 Apr 2012

DIARY: LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

From: London 2012

100 days to go apparently. I live in London, working and studying in the heart of it all, but to be honest there's not much of a buzz going around just yet. People are more concerned with the preceding football. I know I am.

Come summer time, I'll be volunteering as a Games Maker (the Olympics volunteer scheme) and a London Ambassador (the Mayor of London's volunteer scheme). I didn't think them through when I applied, but I'm currently in the middle of all the training modules and whatnot, and it's pretty busy and tedious. I'm excited to be part of it all nonetheless, but it just means I've pretty much given up my summer holiday. Last week I received my official Games Maker shifts and I'm based in Egham, Royal Holloway Village for the athletes competing in Eton Dorney, that's the rowing and canoeing events I believe. Sounds ok to those who have no geographical knowledge of these places, but Egham is FAR. It's not even in London, and I have to be there at 6am every day for a month! Haha thanks for that. Somehow I can't see that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment