1 May 2012

BLOG: BIRDY LIVE AT SHEPHERDS BUSH EMPIRE

I'm a massive fan of Birdy (Jasmine Van Den Bogaerde), having heard Fearne Cotton introduce her version of "Skinny Love" on the radio ages ago. Despite her being only 15 or something, she has incredible soul behind her voice that I find hauntingly beautiful. Her debut cover album is one of my most listened to and I'm quite mesmerised by her.

She performed at her own gig for the first time earlier this year at the Tabernacle, to which I sadly missed out on tickets for. They sold out FAST. But today, she has announced her second, this time impressively at Shepherds Bush Empire and I'm so on going to this one. There's quite a few videos around, showcasing her talent live, but I'm sure it's a whole other story to be in the very room. Below is a recent video by Myspace Music where she gives a short candid interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment