22 May 2012

BLOG: CHELSEA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS PART 2

I watched the events unfold in my old student bar in Kensington SW7, just to feel that extra bit of atmosphere. It was just mental, I cannot believe we finally won the Champions League!!

My thinking beforehand was this. Whilst we've been unlucky in recent years, especially going close since Abramovic took over the club, I've always believed that we would eventually win it at some point, certainly in my lifetime. And I was satisfied with that, honestly. We didn't have to win this year from a Chelsea supporter's view. Let me continue.

What made it so important this year however, and what made it that much more special for me, was to see the likes of Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba lift the trophy. They, along with Petr Cech, Ashley Cole and John Terry, have been tremendous players for Chelsea FC over the years and it was clear that, as the one remaining winners' medal that had eluded them, this was the one they so badly wanted. That's the desire that transcended to me, and presumably every other Blues supporter. To see them soak in the joy of this quite monumental victory was truly priceless, and that's what makes me so happy. Well done boys and thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment