29 May 2012

DIARY: V&A DESIGN PROJECT

I'm in my final term of the year on my Design course, meaning of course we're on our final project. And it's been quite good, working with (or working for) the Victoria and Albert Museum in London to produce a working concept for design-conscience learning resource, aimed to help young adults and children engage and interact with one of their galleries. Put into teams (a little like the Apprentice) we were given two weeks to pitch an idea forward. The presentation was yesterday and I think we've come up with, and actually half developed, a great iPad resource. It was fresh working as a group, which of course has its ups and downs, but I thought we worked rather well together and we really did respond to the brief excellently. I don't know how I sound saying that myself but there you go.

It's been nice to work on a project that is genuinely orientated towards the design scene, and working with a client, it all seemed very real. It's even nicer how we coped with it and I'm pleased with our product. Don't know how much I can reveal, if at all just yet, but it's something I'd personally love to develop into a working app, because I can see this working and it certainly has potential to expand into any other gallery, or any museum for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment