25 Aug 2013

DIARY: READING FESTIVAL 2013





I was at Reading on the Friday, so very luckily invited by a friend with a spare wristband. And what a sweet little lineup I had available at the Festival Republic Stage, including Half Moon Run, MS MR, MØ and CHVRCHES. Wow, only like my favourite artists of the year under one roof. And it was awesome.

Half Moon Run's 3pm slot had a great crowd and it really showed, with the band bouncing off our energy and vice versa for what was such an enjoyable set as they performed tracks off their debut album "Dark Eyes". MS MR followed straight after, who I had missed seeing last month at their London gig. A really confident and talented duo, I'm so glad I finally got to watch them. And then it was MØ for my second time and CHVRCHES for a third, both from the front row and both absolutely amazing. That Danish girl has so much prowess it's mesmerising, and as for the electropop outfit from Glasgow, they performed two new songs I hadn't heard before in "Lungs" and "Night Sky" as they approach ever closer to the release of their highly anticipated debut record "The Bones Of What You Believe". It's definitely the highlight of what's quite a packed September in terms of musical releases, amongst which awaits Birdy, Haim, The Weeknd and Justin Timberlake to name a few.

I also got to see Green Day headline the main stage as well as Skrillex's massive rave in the NME/Radio 1 tent to finish off the night and indeed a great day out at Reading Festival. So high right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment