26 Jan 2014

DIARY: JAPANESE MAGAZINE PURCHASES AGAIN








Another handful of publications from Japan, including the latest February issues of Popeye and Casa Brutus, plus the special Brutus issue in collaboration with Muji from July 2012, which I luckily found in one of their larger stores. They have it on display at London's Oxford Street shop and I've wanted to get my hands on it ever since. Entitled "Muji & Me", it focusses specifically on the unbranded brand as it would in any other magazine issue, speaking to the people behind the work, presenting the projects and products via insightful essays and lush photography with, of course, the beautiful Japanese fluidity in publication design. Come round and I'll show you some time. Finally on the list of purchases is a quarterly interiors title Sumu, which is new to me, but currently on its 48th issue, it looks wonderful on the face of it. I look forward to flicking through them all; I'm buzzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment