1 Mar 2014

BLOG: BIRD LIVE AT BBC 6 MUSIC FESTIVAL





Showcased by BBC Introducing in Merseyside, Liverpool-based trio BIRD performed at the 6 Music Festival last night, and above are the live clips for songs called "Sea Of Trees" and "I Am The Mountain".

It's the first time I've checked them out but I was instantly won over. Maybe it's just the kind of phase I'm digging right now – dark sounds, electric guitar lines, female vocalists et al – but they bring a really raw, misty air of expression that I can't seem to get enough of. Moody atmospheres, weird melodies, gradual rises, echoing cries of despair; I love it all. They seem to have three EPs out since 2012 and a new single "The Rain Song" was released on Baltic last month. Another band to watch out for, and another band with great potential to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment