11 Mar 2014

MAG: SBTRKT TRANSITIONS EP


The man's been leading up to this release for months and months, today "Transitions" has dropped by SBTRKT, a new EP of experimental, instrumental productions – transitional works from his uber-successful debut album to his next. It coincides with a series of festival slots announced recently, not least at Field Day and Reading, both that I hope to attend. The EP is a trilogy of two-sided singles: Part I is out on May 5, featuring the two tracks we've already heard, "Gamalena" and "Hold The Line". And Part II and III, set for release on May 19 and June 2 respectively, both sound expectedly impressive, coming at us in that distinctive SBTRKT beat with such aesthetic flavour. "Resolute" is an early favourite, but it's six very attractive tunes that will no doubt be lighting up festivals all summer long.

"This is music written over the last year, whilst recording for my second album. Much of the music I released before my debut album was instrumental and I want to continue to share this side of the music I make. This series of tracks is titled TRANSITIONS. "

No comments:

Post a Comment