11 Apr 2012

BLOG: THE WEEKND 2012 TOUR


R&B's hype of the moment, The Weeknd, has announced plans for his first nationwide tour according to Consequence of Sound. And he's coming to London too!

I remember when I was first introduced to his material, probably around this time last year, and how I spent every evening for the next month or something banging our his debut mixtape "House Of Balloons". His sounds reached heights I'd never heard before and I felt he had completely changed the R&B game. I was fucking hooked and I still am. I'd be checking his Tumblr every day to see if there was anything new to hear. And he dropped two more mixtapes in 2011, though not as overwhelmingly amazing as his first, they were still pretty great. For sure I was on the hype.

And now he's touring, which is super exciting. He's not released any official marketed music, but what we've heard is certainly enough to go on. Plus he's proper down with Drake and the rest of the 'crew' so I'm high in anticipation. He kicks off with Coachella this weekend and continues dates in America through May until he flies over to Europe before finishing with festivals in Montreal and Chicago. London's very own Wireless Festival welcomes him on June 7th, the Saturday that is headlined by Drake of course. Man, I need to get a ticket for that because shit is gonna happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment