1 Jul 2012

BLOG: EURO 2012 FINAL SPAIN 4 - 0 ITALY


I started this one in support of Italy. They demonstrated true quality in reaching the final, showing their neat interplay, hard graft and at times pure class, especially in the knockout stages against England and Germany. And I am a Mario Balotelli fan, converted.

I think it's fair to say they didn't do too much wrong in the 90 minutes against Spain, losing to a combination of bad luck and an opponent simply too strong. There was hope too until Thiago Motta unfortunately injured himself to leave the Italians a man behind, after which I turned from an Italy fan to a sympathetic onlooker and eventually back to a Chelsea fan as I urged Del Bosque to bring on Torres. Then he did, he scored and I was happy once more. What a pleasant surprise to see Mata come on too and cap off a great season with the winning goal for the Spanish, who finally utilised their incredible passing game to its full offensive potential, really unleashing their talent (as if they hadn't already) and cementing themselves further as the world's best. Golden Boot for Fernando Torres isn't too shabby either.

Come on Chelsea. I mean Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment