6 Sept 2012

DIARY: PARALYMPICS AT THE AQUATICS CENTRE





I was lucky enough to watch the evening session at the Aquatics Centre yesterday for the Paralympics Swimming. Lucky, because it was quite simply extraordinary. I had already seen and been in awe of the action on TV earlier this week, amazed by what these athletes can do with their less-able-than-us bodies. But to watch it live in the arena was something else. So so incredible.

It wasn't just the sport and racing that I enjoyed, the atmosphere was really special, something we should feel very proud of as a nation and as a city. The crowds are so welcoming, so supportive, passionate, empathetic, vocal, together. No doubt is it one of the huge reasons why London 2012 has been so successful. The roars echoing inside the Aquatics Centre alone was enough to satisfy me of my ticket value. And to have been a part of it, I'm delighted.

A great day out, a great sense of satisfaction that I soaked up the Olympic vibe. And an equal satisfaction that we held the greatest Games ever.




 
















No comments:

Post a Comment