7 Oct 2012

BLOG: ELLIE GOULDING 2ND ALBUM HALCYON



We've been treated to lots of Ellie Goulding lately as she's been preparing for the release of her sophomore album, including the new single, several collaboration songs, Radio 1 Live Lounge and none more so than her iTunes Festival performance last week in London, where she performed many of her new tracks from "Halcyon", which of course comes out in the UK on Monday. Now I ordered the Special Edition package in advance (the result of a combination of impulse and fandom) and as you can see it has arrived at my door. Together with a poster, some signed polaroids, a piece of jewellery and an individually numbered box, was Ellie Goulding's long-awaited second album.

It may only have been a mere day and a half, but I've already listened to this album in its entirety about 12 times, and that's on top of the looped listens of the album sampler on YouTube as well as watching that iTunes gig enough to have memorised every word of her inter-song banter with the crowd. Yes, I'm rather excited that she's finally back after two years, and I'm so pleased (yet unsurprised) at how incredible the new material is.

It's most certainly taken a different direction to her debut material from "Lights", showing matured progress and an enthralling development in her sound that I just love. Her vocals are what made me fall in love with her music in the beginning, but her song-writing on this album, the melodies and the production are just so on point and as a fan I feel exactly how I wanted it to make me feel. You need to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment