18 Dec 2012

DIARY: BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR


I was lucky enough to be one of the 500 Games Makers selected to attend the star-studded celebration of an absolutely incredible year of British sport that was of course BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2012. And I was fortunate to be seated at the front of my block too, and I've been told my face may have been spotted on the televised screen a few times.

More importantly than my personally experience, however, is to note that it was the perfect way to end such a superb sporting year that was inevitably Olympics-centred. I thought it had been just the right amount of time since the spectacle to again reflect on what happened and to feel the emotion once more. The VTs did an excellent job to well me up on almost every occasion as we were taken through the wonderful stories and moments. I absolutely loved it.

And to be in the same room as such incredible people, and so many of them too! I've never properly watched the show before, but as soon as the Olympics ended, I've been excited for this year's. With so many worthy sportsmen and women from across such a varied range, it was never going to be easy. It was quite simply a joy to have been a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment