12 Jan 2013

BLOG: TOM ODELL BRITS 2013 CRITICS' CHOICE

From: Tom Odell

22-year-old singer-songwriter, Tom Odell is enjoying a tremendous build-up to a year in which he is set to make a big mark. I first saw him perform on Later... with Jools Holland, on that episode with Lana Del Rey and The Weeknd, when I remember thinking he looked like a douche with silly hair. But I've heard his EP "Songs From Another Love" and it's very good. There's a raw maturity in his piano-meets-vocal sound. Talented, to say the least.

"Another Love" is the track that's shot him to critical acclaim, having been acknowledged by BBC Sound of 2013 amongst others, and now of course the coveted Critics' Choice Award for this year's Brits. In my eyes it's certainly the award that is of most interest as it highlights talents for the future, with past winners including Adele, Emeli Sandé and my love Ellie Goulding. So he's definitely one to watch out for, with the debut album expected on June 17, I certainly look forward to it. For now, watch the video for the afore mentioned "Another Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment