23 May 2012

DIARY: WATCH THE THRONE LIVE

On Monday evening, I was treated by the quite exceptional entertainment that was Jay-Z and Kanye West at The O2. I expected it to be good, but I was genuinely surprised by just how good. It was epic.

We queued for one or two hours, before waiting another hour for the show to start, standing just a few rows from the front stage. That same old frustration of having annoyingly idiot spectators around you, unnecessarily pushing and shoving and generally being stupid, was soon wiped away by the hip hop kings, who brought to life their hugely hyped collaboration album, as well as some amazing old tunes. When Kanye played "All Falls Down" man was I in dreamland. They finished with "Niggas In Paris" four times over, as I could barely control my excitement every time Jay put the mic by his lips to state simply "Again". One of the best gigs I've ever been to, they know how to put on a show. And with news of Watch The Throne 2 in the making, it's a great feeling.












No comments:

Post a Comment