8 Jul 2012

DIARY: TOURNAMENT CANCELLED

Unfortunately, as I was getting ready for my U7s tournament this morning, I got a text at 7am to say that it had been cancelled. Oh the rain continues to ruin our summer.

It's quite a disappointment, I had high hopes for us today. My group of 6-7 year olds are a brilliant bunch in both talent and character, and it would have been great to put it to the test, as well as to give them the experience of excitement and emotion that comes from the atmosphere and competition. Of course they were gutted too and I feel sorry for them. While I'd like to say "there's always next time", that probably isn't the case for many, considering the type of community that we are where families frequently (and suddenly) come and go. It's a real shame and I'm rather bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment