7 Jan 2013

BLOG: SBTRKT LIVE ALBUM


As you may or may not recall, I was at SBTRKT's gig at London's Shepherds Bush Empire in October and having confirmed then that the show was being recorded for a forthcoming live album, it's here today. Simply titled "LIVE", it holds 10 tracks off their incredible set - and I really mean it when I say incredible. I got to see a lot of artists live last year and SBTRKT were definitely amongst the most enjoyable. Together with Sampha, they conducted every musical sound on that stage themselves to a really buzzing crowd and I believe it's all well-captured in this new album. Additionally to the audio, there are two videos included as well, one of which is for "Hold On", a visually slick edit that takes footage from 12 different cameras that night. You can watch that below.

No comments:

Post a Comment