21 May 2013

BLOG: ENGLAND HOME KIT 2013 BY NIKE

From: Designboom

Nike have revealed England's brand new home kit for 2013, their first for the nation. Now you know very well that I was highly fond of Umbro's strips for us, but things change, and that's cool – especially when that change is good. There's no doubting Nike's expertise (and dare I say wisdom) but I've just been wary of a non-unique offering, just a white version of everyone else's kits. But these first images that have been released look very attractive. Almost a continuous progression from Umbro's simplified range, this new shirt is sharp, clean and very astute; there's a sense of heritage here that's not been lost to the big firm that is Nike, fitting too for The FA's 150th anniversary. The shirt has hits of navy, red and gold on a luxuriously white base that I reckon should stand out triumphantly amidst the clutter of others. Yeah, I like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment