5 Aug 2013

MAG: BANKS WAITING GAME



I've been following Banks' every move since I first heard her lay down her sultry modern sound with "Before I Ever Met You" and here she is with another new one, unveiled today via Soundcloud.

Produced by the wonderful musician in his own right, SOHN, "WAITING GAME" is breathtakingly beautiful. Stripped back to just her spine-tingling, eerily soft vocals on some mellow chords on a keyboard, it slowly and dramatically layers up with pounding synths that really pulls you in, a feeling of getting sucked into a whirlpool, out of control and tamed by the wild. Or words to that effect... Honestly though, I think this is her most powerful song yet and it's certainly the one that makes me want to find out more about this talented young lady. Super track.

No comments:

Post a Comment