22 Jan 2013

DIARY: IDEO OFFICE VISIT WITH ICDC

From: ICDC Instagram

ICDC is my former university's all new Design Collective, opening their first year with talks and lectures by some great British designers, professionally led workshops and most recently creative studio office visits. I've been lucky to participate and last week we got to check out the studio floor of globally renowned firm IDEO.

A company that prioritises the user experience and human nature in all their work, we were given a lovely talk by some of the guys there and I gained a real insight and moreover a convincing pitch as to why they're so successful. People first, and I don't disagree one bit. We design for people foremost so logic dictates that the design follows. There was an aura of cosiness, really open and welcoming, as you'd expect from such a pro-social company sporting Gotham as their own font identity.

For sure it's a place I'd love to work in some day (sooner rather than later) and one in which I would fit right into, if I may say so myself. It was great to be able to hear from the team and have a look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment