26 Aug 2013

BLOG: ELLIE GOULDING HALCYON DAYS

From: Universal Music

I have enjoyed Ellie Goulding's second album "Halcyon" so much. Its play count is probably higher than any other album in my library this year, or at least it's certainly up there, and it's because I am in love with her and her talent. Her songwriting is one thing but her voice is just something else and I can't get enough of its angelic haze. I absolutely loved her debut album and it's what got me into her music in the first place, but the 2012 follow-up was too on point. The dubstep-infused hits of electronic production works wonders with Ellie's qualities and if you've not listened to it, I strongly recommend you must. She's more than a chart pop princess.

Today is the release day for "Halcyon Days", the repackaged edition of said album with 10 new tracks in addition to the 18 from the previous deluxe issue. It makes complete sense with another UK headline tour looming for autumn, as she grows ever stronger as an artist. Amongst the new tracks include collaborations with BURNS, DJ Fresh, Madeon and Nate Ruess of Fun., as well as a number for the upcoming Richard Curtis film, that ridiculous alt-J cover and of course her first ever (two-time) UK No. 1 single "Burn". In case you hadn't noticed, this is a big release.

Her success both here in Britain and across the pond in the US is so thoroughly deserved. She plays the iTunes Festival on September 22, supported by Laura Welsh (who by the way is another young talent we should definitely keep our eyes peeled for, I like her!) and I have my fingers crossed to win tickets for what promises to be an epic night.

No comments:

Post a Comment